AWHF has moved our website from a ‘normal’ site to a more interactive blog format. If you’re not familiar with blogs, this post explains how they work.
Key elements of a blog
- Posts – all content including this Help text is first added to the site as a post. These are first displayed as the main page content of ‘Home’. Posts are listed in date order – most recent first. Long posts are truncated – click on ‘continue reading’ to see the full post.
- Comments – the speech bubble on the upper right links to comments. Click on the bubble to read others’ comments and add your own. There’s also a comments form at the bottom of the full post.
- Categories and tags – below the post’s text its categories and subject tags are highlighted in grey. If you click on these you’ll see all of the posts in the category or subject. This post is posted in the ‘News’ category and tagged with the ‘help’ subject.
Right hand side navigation
If you look at the right side of this page, you’ll see that there are a lot of ways to get around:
- search the site – top of the right-hand column
- select a WHM theme category from the dropdown list
- click on a topic in the tag cloud – the larger the word, the more posts in the topic, mouseover to see how many posts in the topic
- select posts by date in the archive (scroll down to see this)
Contact us and follow
Also in the right-hand column there are a number of ways to stay in touch:
- our email and phone contact information
- follow AWHF via email – you’ll receive an email whenever there’s a new post
- subscribe via RSS – if you use blog readers such as Google Reader you can follow posts and/or comments
Top of page navigation
The links at the top of the page mostly lead to lists – they contain a quick overview of the site’s content.
How to find this help text again
- there’s a link at the bottom of the right-hand column
- click on ‘help’ in the tag cloud
- search for ‘this post explains’
FAQs – comments and moderation
Can I comment anonymously? Yes, but you do have to leave an email address. It’s not posted with your comment.
Do you moderate comments? Yes, AWHF reserves the right to remove any comments that are offensive, spam or irrelevant. Everyone’s first comment is ‘pre-moderated’ (approved before it’s published). Subsequent comments are ‘post-moderated’.